Virtually anything can be created on computers, even love, and some things are there just to make it entertaining for the user. Everything is at the fingertips and there for the asking.
Popular activities, like sports betting (which can be virtual or real), and many other games can be found online. Do a local Google search (local.google.com) on the term ‘sports betting.’ Google also has some other cool tricks up its virtual sleeve to help a user find what exactly is wanted:
- Get flight information by typing an airline’s name and flight number and Google will give details about the flight.
- Type in a Postal tracking number to find the location of a shipped item.
- Anyone can see who’s linked to their website or page. Just type in “link:” and type the URL immediately after the colon.
- Researchers and students often need PDF files, and they can be found by typing in “file type:PDF” after search terms.
- Google calculator – just type in the math problem and Google will answer it.
- Type the stock symbol (e.g. msft for Microsoft) and get charts, prices and other good stuff.
- Google definition – Type in “define:” and the word to be defined right after the colon.
- Use Google for searches that are local to a specific area. Go to local.google.com and type in restaurants (or sports betting), and get results for that particular area.
- Want to know who called? Simply enter an area code and phone number.
- Get the local weather forecast by typing in “weather” and a zip code.
Whether it’s sports betting or the game of Life, the Internet is full of useful websites.